About the Project
The proposed Biala Wind Farm (the Project) is located approximately 8km east of Biala and 14.5km south west of Crookwell in the Southern tablelands of NSW. It is owned by Beijing Jingneng Clean Energy (Australia) Holding Pty Ltd (BJCE Australia) who also owns the nearby Gullen Range Wind Farm and Gullen Solar Farm.
The wind farm is expected to have an installed capacity of approximately 110MW, producing enough electricity for approximately 46,000 typical homes on an average day of wind.
When constructed the wind farm is proposed to consist of 31 turbines and associated infrastructure, including the following:
- Wind turbines – BJCE Australia will install 31 Goldwind 3.5MW wind turbines, with a height from the base of the tower to the highest tip of the rotor blades of 180m (ground to blade tip). The turbine towers will be connected to concrete foundations buried in the ground. There will be a small set of electrical switchgear located next to each wind turbine.
- Access tracks – the locations of the turbines will be linked by gravel tracks. Each turbine location will also include a gravel area to setup the cranes used to lift the turbine components.
- Electrical cables – turbines will be linked by an underground 33kV electrical cabling and fibre optic communications cabling.
- Meteorological monitoring masts – up to four masts will be constructed to enable monitoring of wind speed and direction.
- Ancillary facilities – a maintenance and storage shed will be constructed together with a site office and car parking facilities.
- Substation/switchyard – Biala Wind Farm will be connected to the existing Gullen Range Wind and Solar Farm substation/switchyard via an underground Transmission Line. Use of the existing Gullen Range Wind and Solar Farm infrastructure avoids the impact of constructing a new substation. A minor extension to the existing substation will be required to accommodate the additional energy from the Biala Wind Farm.
- Transmission Line – in order to transmit energy from Biala Wind Farm to the national electricity grid, a 12km underground 33kV transmission line between Biala Wind Farm and our existing Gullen Range Wind and Solar Farm substation/switchyard will be constructed. To minimise environmental impacts and the ability to farm the land, the transmission line will be placed underground. You can find out more about the transmission line here.
You can view the location of the proposed wind farm here.
BJCE Australia acquired the Biala Wind Farm from Newtricity Developments Pty Ltd (Newtricity) in October 2017.
Newtricity submitted an application for development approval for the Wind Farm in 2015. Development Approval (Consent) was obtained from the NSW Planning Assessment Commission on 12th April 2017 and can be viewed here. The Development Consent was granted under the provisions of section 89E of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act (1970).
For details of other documents considered by the Department of Planning and Environment (DPE) when the wind farm was approved, please visit the DPE website by clicking here.
The Development Approval for the wind farm does not include the infrastructure required to connect to the electricity network. A development application was submitted to Upper Lachlan Shire Council in November 2017 for an underground 33kV electricity connection to the existing Gullen Range Wind and Solar Farm substation. An extension to the existing Gullen Range Wind and Solar Farm substation is part of this application. The development application was approved by the Southern Regional Planning Panel (JRPP) on 17th January 2019 subject to conditions. The approval and conditions were subsequently issued by the Upper Lachlan Shire Council. Further information is available on the Planning Panel’s website here, including the documentation submitted by Biala Wind Farm. The Development Approval issued by Upper Lachlan Shire Council can be downloaded here. You can find out more about the transmission line here.
BJCE Australia started building Biala Wind Farm in August 2019. Construction of the wind farm will take approximately 16 to 18 months to complete.
To keep you informed about the construction progress, we are providing regular updates on three main construction areas in the timeline below and in our monthly newsletters, which you can read here. The construction areas are as follows:
- Area One: Biala Wind Farm Site, which is located on the western side of Grabben Gullen Road, with two entrances to site approximately 6 km and 8.5 km south of Grabben Gullen.
- Area Two: Extension to the Gullen Range Wind Farm substation, which is located in Bannister. The extension to the existing substation will be required to accommodate the additional energy transmitted from the Biala Wind Farm.
- Area Three: Electrical Transmission Line between Biala Wind Farm and Gullen Range Wind Farm. Biala Wind Farm will connect to the electricity grid via underground electricity cables from the Gullen Range Wind Farm substation at Bannister. The transmission line will be approximately 12 km long and will consist of four electrical cables.
To view a map of the construction areas, please click here.
Indicative Project Timeline
|Project Stage||Estimated Completion|
|Roadworks to Range Road||Complete|
|Onsite civil and electrical work||Complete|
|Delivery of wind turbine components||Complete|
|Installation of underground electrical transmission line||Complete|
|Biala O&M building||Now to November 2020|
|Erection of wind turbines||Now to December 2020|
|Commissioning of wind turbines||Now to January 2021|
|Completion of electricity grid testing and commencement of formal Operation||March 2021|
For more detailed construction updates, please check out our monthly newsletters here.
The Development Approval defines the transportation routes to be used during the construction phase. Oversize loads will be transported to site via Goulburn and Crookwell, while other heavy goods will travel from the Hume Highway via Gunning. You can download a map of the routes here. Please note that the ‘pavement upgrade’ options labelled on the map will be completed. We have developed a detailed traffic management plan, which is available here . It has been agreed with Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) and Upper Lachlan Shire Council.
Turbine Component Delivery
Turbine component delivery commenced on Thursday 19th March and finished on Friday 31st of July 2020. Approx 350. components were delivered on specialist trucks from Port Kembla to the wind farm. A fact sheet can be downloaded here.
In our August newsletter we let you know about the aviation lighting on the wind farm. The Department of Defence required eighteen turbines to have a steady red light on top of the nacelle which is to be illuminated from dusk to 11pm Eastern Standard Time, or midnight Daylight Saving Time. This is so the turbines can be seen by Navy Helicopters flying from HMAS Albatross in Nowra. We are currently talking to Department of Defence to make sure the lights are required. A map of the turbines with aviation lighting can be downloaded here.
Text Message Service
If you live nearby and are interested in receiving construction or project updates by text message to your phone, please contact us here.
Subcontractor and Accommodation Provider Opportunities
If you are a sub-contractor interested in taking part in the project or you are a local with accommodation you would like to offer to wind farm staff, you can register your details here and we’ll pass on your details to our contractors.
Battleship Direct Hit. User interface When the mobile casino games arrived, the images both in the mobile deposit casino games and the no deposit casinos were not up to the scratch. Blood Lore Wolf Elvis Lives. Conclusion We have reached a new age where the true future of iGambling lies on the palm of our hands. I find their approach to business highly https://www.playamo.com/en-AU commendable; I would recommend them to anyone who wants to build a healthy long-term relationship with an established, trustworthy iGaming provider. New Games 16 Most Popular.
No matter your budget, skill or experience level, you are sure to find a table game betting range to suit your pocket and your needs. Caishen’s Gold https://newcasinos-au.com. All of the casinos we list on our site https://www.casino.com/au/ have been fully optimised for mobile players. Drawbacks To Gaming On-the-Go. Twin Happiness. Only a quarter of older Americans aged 65 and over visited a casino during The above chart shows that casino visitors have similar household incomes compared to national survey respondents.
Live Winners. Deposit 1: Up to 20 FS. Level 51 Unlock. Play free Golden Chip Roulette. Do you like using your portable device wherever you go? Then you may take into consideration joining Deluxino.
Regal Poker. CONS: Battery and data consumption — you won’t always be able to connect to a Wifi network so, if you want to start gaming, you will have to use your mobile data. Besides a selection of Bitcoin games it offers secure cryptocurrency payment processing, full control over funds and effective protection from fraud. Login Register. In the case of televised games, players can often use their mobile phone or television remote controls to place bets instead of doing so via a computer connected to the internet. The best real money online casinos have so many games that you need some way to find your favorites — or at least to explore the list of your preferred game type.
Android phones allow slot players to play their favourite games as both download and instant play versions. Play casino games and make the most out of the opportunity. You can get five King symbols on the ninth payline on the King Cashalot progressive slot machine. Play free Premium European Roulette.
The availability of Desktop Casino means that games can be accessed using all kinds of browsers or when installing additional software on your PC. Internet connection — Older devices may have weaker internet connections which makes playing at a mobile casino difficult. Immerse yourself in our fun games for an ultimate online casino experience like no other. When you look into the details, there are some significant differences.
Mobile casinos eliminate many of the limitations found on online casinos including where you can play the games. Dr Fortuno. Examples include Chumba Casino and Luckyland Slots. The formula really works!
In the life of 39 -year-old Canadian pro this formula really works as clockwork, especially recollecting about his goals for Enhanced capabilities of information technology and personal gadgets are continually fuelling innovations in the e-commerce sector.